Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hardware - Jewelry for the Home

Hardware in our homes is a type of jewelry to me. Just as our bracelets or our rings finish off our outfits, so do our door levers, hinges, and cabinet pulls. Beautiful hardware (along with beautiful lighting) is the finishing touch in a home. It helps anchor the spaces and adds depth to the style.


Vincenzo Taormina - Onde Collection, stainless steel with tension setting (picture right)

I have been thinking about door lever styles for a project and thought I would share some of my favorites that I have seen. The pictures run the range of styles but, I think, all have a great design quality about them. You may notice that I am a little bored with the swooping levers - none in the pics.


If you were building new or renovating - which would you select? Personally, I would LOVE to re-do all of my very tired hardware in our 84 year old home.


...then there is always the question of what would be appropriate for my craftsman style home and...which one just makes my heart sing when I see it...not necessarily the same thing.

Your favorite??




Nanz - 2006 Bahaus Style







Nanz - 2082 Modern Lever


PE Guerin Products - Plexiglas Lever


Nanz - 2079 Mid-Century Lever







Urban Archeology Lever






Rocky Mountain - Olympus Lever






Sun Valley Bronze - Square Lever








Nanz - 2018 Edwardian Lever






Nanz - 2180 Bamboo Lever


PE Guerin - Nugget Lever








Rocky Mountain - Acanthus Lever








Rocky Mountain - French Twist







Sun Valley Bronze - Twist Lever






Rocky Mountain - Pool Lever




Sun Valley Bronze - Aspen Lever

1 comment:

Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!