Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fantastic Scalamandre Zebra Print Umbrella


photo of Gino's, courtesy of the New York Times

I am in love with the Scalamandre Zebra Print Umbrella.  It's a wonderful, happy print and ... I think I just have to have one!!

After some research I have uncovered a bit of history about this Scalamandre pattern.  Story has it that the zebra print was first designed as a wall covering for Gino's Restaurant located in New York in the 1940's.  It went out of print over the years and was recently re-introduced into their line. 

The wall covering is available in five color ways; red, brown, yellow, green, and black.  I adore the red!

And now, the pattern has been made into a wonderful umbrella that's available in two sizes.  I had a peek at them in our local showroom.  The travel size is just right for me.








No sad rainy days with this little number protecting you.

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering how much they cost - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!