Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vertical Gardening

I am feeling the mid winter blues and catching the bug for vertical gardening. 

I love the idea of planting edible plants but wonder if I would be able to keep them alive. 

My girlfriend, Patti, in California has tons of succulents growing in her backyard garden and this year experimented by planting a variety of her succulent plants in a frame with chicken wire - it turned out wonderfully.  Piece of art!

I do not have any sunny winter locations in my home so ... supplemental lighting??  Watering indoors?

Oh, but it's a wonderful dream for a mid winter day.




Exterior wall installation from ECO Walls



 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

Nice way to ease into growing vertically on your wall by Articulture




 
 
 
 
 
The form for planting from Gardener's Supply Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!