Thursday, August 5, 2010

Music to Design By

I am working away in my home office today. On the to do list is to design window treatments for my wonderful clients, "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."


They like clean simple lines, nothing too fussy, with not a lot of trim or embellishments. We have installed Hunter Douglas Silhouettes in the family room and the living room - and they love them.

Silhouettes provide just enough softness, light control, and privacy. In fact "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" could probably stop at the Silhouette level but I think that the space needs softness that drapery panels will provide.

It is a beautiful summer day and I am enjoying a little music as I sketch a few ideas. i am a huge fan of sketches. Sketches really help work out all the little details and are a wonderful tool to help clients get a feel for how something will look.

I thought you might enjoy some music for your work day too. A little something to design by...






A little John Mayer


"Mr. and Mrs. Smith's" Living Room























Kasmir Silk 1040 in Caramel for the window treatment and I am hooked on this Kasmir Taj Mahal Finial.

I love glass finials!!




Sketch 1




Sketch 2

I will keep working away....

ENJOY YOUR DAY. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!